As of March 30, Westridge has moved to remote learning; as a precaution in response to the COVID-19 crisis, campus is closed until further notice.
For more information and details on remote learning, please click here.
Westridge is concerned about the physical safety of each member of the school community and committed to respecting our residential neighbors by strict adherence to our parking and drop-off/pick-up procedures. The greatest daily threat to student safety involves the interaction of motor vehicles, cyclist, and pedestrians immediately before and after school. All drivers are reminded to use special patience, caution, and to follow the drop-off and pickup carline procedures as outlined in the Student/Parent Handbook.
There is NO PARKING allowed on Brookmere Street for pick up or drop off. Students may ONLY be picked up from carline and are not allowed to cross State Street to be picked up on Brookmere or other streets adjacent to campus. Please DO NOT park on Brookmere and have your daughter to walk to campus or your car – she will be stopped by campus safety personnel. In addition to creating parking and traffic issues in the local neighborhood, this creates a safety issues for students. Similarly, for morning drop-off students must be dropped on in car line ON STATE STREET. No drop-offs on California, Madeline, or Arlington.
Lower School Families, please display your laminated rearview mirror tag.
- You are required to display the tags from your rearview mirror during Lower School dismissal on State Street.
- Please place the tag on your rearview mirror so the tag can be seen when you are in the carpool line from 3 – 3:10 pm, Monday – Friday. By displaying the Lower School tag, we can move the carpool line along prior to Middle and Upper School pick-up that begins at 3:15 pm.
- All Lower School students are either dismissed to our After School Program or to the State Street carpool line by 3 pm.
- UPDATE: Lower School students will not be able to purchase snack at dismissal. This will help expedite the flow of traffic and support students with timeliness. We will have additional after school snacks available to students who attend the After School Program.
Carline pick up for Middle School students is from 3:15 – 3:30 pm.
- Middle School parents may enter the afternoon carline at 3:15 pm.
- Middle School students do not get out of school until 3:10 pm and they usually take at least 5 minutes to move out to the carline.
- Should you be in the carline prior to 3:15 pm, you will be asked to go around the block to assist with the flow of our earlier dismissal of Lower School students.
- A limited number of parking spots are available in the State Street parking lot for juniors and seniors. Students who have not been assigned a parking space may not drive to school as they cannot park on local streets. Parking is assigned and monitored by Campus Safety. Sophomores may not drive to school.
- Parents are not permitted to park in the surrounding neighborhood during dismissal.
Pedestrians in the area of drop-off and pickup should cross State Street only at the corner of Orange Grove Boulevard; pedestrians should only cross Orange Grove Boulevard at the signal and crosswalk at Madeline Drive.
Your partnership is appreciated.